Thursday, October 18, 2007

Corinna Corinna: Where You Been So Long?

Hello my dearests!

I know how you have longed for a new post. It's been two months since I have written and I miss you as much as you miss me...you poor darlings. Sitting and staring at your computer screens hoping for an update. Well here I am!

I've been struggling with wanting to give you details about everything that I have done over the past eight weeks but since I have fallen behind in my posting it has become a daunting task. Just thinking about writing a post about an event that took place weeks ago causes me to break out in hives. All that calamine lotion is ruining my clothes so I ask you to please allow me to briefly fill you in on my fabulous life so we can get back to dishing about celebrities on diets, where the fun parties are happening, and of course, what to wear!

NAAFA Convention: July 10-15, 2007
The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance offers a week long opportunity to spend time with people who have been working for over 35 years fighting size-related discrimination and bias at every opportunity.

I love the NAAFA Con and I highly recommend attending. The speakers are extraordinary as are the people attending. With NAAFA, fat people can raise their self-esteem and feel more deserving of being treated well.

I quote from their website, "Founded in 1969, the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance is a non-profit human rights organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for fat people. NAAFA works to eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide fat people with the tools for self-empowerment through public education, advocacy, and member support."

This is a not-to-be-missed experience.

BlogHer convention: July 27-29, 2007
The BlogHer convention was amazing. I met fun fabulous creative women from all over the country and many from other countries. They are astonishingly open, they are brilliant writers, they are hilarious, and they party like it's 1999. Visit BlogHer, and read some great blogs like IzzyMom, Slacker-Moms-R-Us, those groovy gals at Elastic Waist, Poundy and everyone I linked to in my Scrapblog.

Very big thanks to the very cool Kristen and Liz of Cool Mom Picks. While I appreciate everyone during the BlogHer conference being tolerant of my temporary Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as I ran around aggressively snapping pictures of Food Bloggers eating, and Bloggers wearing my size shoe and mommies breast feeding (yes...yes I did take a picture). BUT what I appreciate even more is that Cool Mom Picks chose me as the ultimate winner of the Photo Scavenger Hunt!!! This means that I won the fantastic leather bag from Riān Handbags that has made me the envy of every woman who sees me walking jauntily down the street with this luscious buttery leather beauty on my shoulder. Mwuahhh ha ha!!! Jauntily I say!!! Just watch me jaunt.

The BBW Network Vegas Bash: August 7-13, 2007
The Bash, as usual, was a very fun and inspiring week. I am grateful to Joann and Darwin for putting on an amazing event. For more information about the BBW Bash please visit their website at BBW Network. The week is filled with pool parties, dance parties, room parties, lobby parties and vendor parties.

This was the first year that I set up a table in the vendor fair and I was met with a very warm response. Thank you to everyone who stopped by to say hello and to shop! I am so happy that the silver rings with semi-precious stones that I brought in larger sizes were appreciated by so many woman who had always wanted fashionable rings but could not find them in their size. I am working on expanding my selection and I hope to have more beautiful rings in sizes 7-12 soon!

I am thrilled about the enthusiastic response to the Bootyfull Lady™ line of t-shirts designed by my friend Stephanie. If you got a t-shirt we would love to hear about any comments that you have received while wearing it and if you send in a picture of yourself in a Bootyfull Lady™ t-shirt I will post it here. Please make sure to let me know your name or internet handle, whichever you prefer.

Where I'll Be Next
Let's get together at the Halloween Boo Bash in Chicago! Linda's Big Connections. Steph and I will be there with more Bootyfull Lady™ t-shirts, silver jewelry with semi-precious stones, generously sized silk and cashmere shawls and other items with which you will want to adorn yourselves.

So what did you do over your summer vacation?
Please let me and everyone who stops by long enough to read the comments hear about all the fun you've been having.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was one of those staring at the screen waiting for a sighting of you. I'm the first commenter to prove my desperation. I miss you. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to meet you at BlogHer! And you won the scavenger hunt? Lucky girl!!! That bag is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

dear friend

i think we have a same topics. We create a blog about healthy life.But,surely you are more
intelligent and have more experience in this side other than me.
So, Would you like to spread your blog over the world? if yes,we should spread it by lingking this blog each others.
i put your link in my blog about healthy life or anything that you want, and then you too.
Is it okay?
http://mesotheliomabestinfo.blogspot.com
ps: your attention and coorperation are really appreciated

Anonymous said...

Corrina,

Yes, we have missed you. Sounds like you've been a busy lady and had an awesome summer.

What did I do.. spent much time out at my summer home in the mountains with family. It's so beautiful there.

And now I'm involved in renovating my entire house. Hope that should be done in the next 2 weeks so that week can get back to normal.

Good to hear from you,
Heather