Thursday, January 17, 2008

Good For the Planet and Good For Me

My husband and I watched An Inconvenient Truth and were horrified to discover the damage done to Mother Earth every time we exhale. Then John Stossel on Nightline gave equal time to scientists who disagree with the Global Warming theories and they told us that we could once again breathe without guilt.

So with our heads spinning from months of hyperventilating we watched An Inconvenient Truth again the other night and after some discussion, these are the solutions that we came up with:

1. Whether or not the planet is showing warming trends we should still recycle our garbage because we don't want our planet to become an episode of Futurama. But of course I would gladly watch any episode of Futurama over and over until some network with any bit of common sense brings it back. Until then I have DVD's and soon a movie!

2. Whether or not the "alleged" warming trends are caused by human blunders (i.e., industrial waste, auto emissions, American Idol contestants) we should still recycle because it'll make you look smart to your kids (for those of you who have some in your house).

3. Whether or not recycling every single plastic water bottle, plastic shopping bag, and piece of paper will stop the global warming we should still do those things anyway because a pretty planet is a happy planet (ok that was more me than the husband).

I started This Lush Life because I wanted to shop for all the things that make my life more fun without the annoyance of a constant stream of diet ads, which can be found on most any website -- even ones selling plus size clothes. I want to shop for designer clothes that fit well, find products for my home that help me organize my life, and products that beautify my skin. And I want this shopping to be fun and feel good.

So I present some of my favorite natural products for looking good and feeling great:

Honey Girl Organics sells completely organic skin care products handcrafted in Hawaii using honey, bee pollen, beeswax, royal jelly, propolis and extra virgin olive oil. I've been friends with the people behind Honey Girl for many years and I highly recommend these products. The honey comes from their own bee hives that they maintain themselves on Oahu. My skin drinks in these crèmes unlike any other product I have ever used. Lines disappear and my skin feels soft and nourished. Really. This stuff is great.

Take long, hot baths using products from Lush. Famous for being the most wonderfully smelling store in all of London, I have been buying these products for years. Off the plane, leave Heathrow -- straight to the closest Lush. These bath bombs are straight up sexy with jasmine, ylang ylang and clary sage. Make love, not war with this sexy bomb. Lush Bath Bombs


Give gifts of Organic Food & Wine from Organic from Delightful Deliveries.

Free shipping on orders over $50 at GetOrganized! No coupon necessary. Free Shipping will be reflected at CheckOut. Expires 11/30/07
You could buy yourself storage containers or those new green bags that keep your food from rotting in the crisper drawer. Come to think of it, I think I'd better get some too!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I just wanted to let you know that I've given you a "You Make My Day" award over on my own blog. Thanks for the great blog!